The Perfect Time for Strawberry & Peach Sangria
adapted from Bon Appetit
• 1 750-ml bottle dry white wine
• 1 1/2 cups Essensia (orange Muscat, a sweet dessert wine)
• 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
• 1 cup peach liqueur
• 3 peaches, each cut into 12 slices
• 1 large orange, cut crosswise into 6 slices
• 1 large lemon, cut crosswise into 6 slices
• 1/4 cup strawberry syrup (optional)
• 3 to 4 cups ice cubes
• Mix white wine, Essensia, strawberries, peach liquor, peaches, orange slices, lemon slices, and strawberry syrup in large pitcher, smashing citrus slices slightly. Let stand at room temperature at least 2 hours or chill up to 4 hours. Serve sangria over ice.
Strawberry syrup can be found near the maple syrup at some supermarkets and specialty food stores.
“Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.” –Dalai Lama