|My mom's special mini pecan pies|
(made with pecans from our tree in the backyard)
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine, softened
- 4 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped ( chopped dried cranberries or mini chips can also be put in with pecans)
It's just the right time to take time out from all the shopping and running around, bake something delicious with your family, and relax!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In medium bowl, mix together the margarine and cream cheese until well blended. Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, until the mixture forms a smooth dough. Chill the dough while making the filling.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the pecans.
- Roll into small balls, and press slightly into the bottoms and sides of greased tart pans or mini muffin pans making sure to put some of the dough over the lip of the cup. Use a spoon to fill each of the crusts 2/3 full with the filling. It will overflow if you fill too full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes in oven, until shell is lightly browned, and filling has puffed up. Cool, and carefully remove from pan.
Images via: coastal style, maxine brady, pinterest/bhg.com; martha stewart, life is beautiful